Well I think that I am pretty adjusted to the new night schedule. But I also think it is because my hubby is so good and getting everything done around the house for me and helping out.
He’s been home during these last few weeks and it’s been great because we get to workout together and see each other. He’s adjusted to my schedule as well. That might change next week but I’m going to enjoy every moment of it while I can. Once he goes back to work I’m sure I’ll be complaining haha – No I’m trying hard to not complain these days and just enjoy life.
So I’ve been in the mood for “summer” food. Not sure why considering I love winter comfort foods and it’s been raining here. But I thought I would go ahead and get a little creative and come up with a summer dish. And then that way, I’m ready for summer too
Ok, I’m blabbing hu? Oops, I tend to do that when I’m in a hurry. Anyway, here is a Potato Salad recipe for you all using sweet potatoes and no mayo.
Sweet Potato Salad – SERVES 8
- 3-4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 hardboiled egg, peeled and diced (optional)
- ¼C diced red onion
- ¼C thinly sliced green onion
- ¼C chopped celery
- 6 ounces of plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼t thyme
- 1t paprika
- ¼ t garlic powder
- ½t salt
- ¼t pepper
- In a large pot on the stove, boil sweet potato dices until softened (approximately 20 minutes).
- Once the sweet potatoes are done cooking, drain and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, add green onion, red onion, celery, thyme, paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper then toss together.
- Add greek yogurt then mix again until well combined.
- Add sweet potato dices and diced egg to the large bowl and mix together until well coated. Do NOT stir too much as the potatoes can become mushy.
Let chill for 2 hours before serving.
PS – Apologies in advance for any grammar or spelling errors. I’m human and I’m always in a hurry. Love ya all