Thanks to an instagram follower @finish_stronger I have a name for my spinach brownies. I like it because it kind of gives you an idea of what the secret ingredient is.
Ok if you don’t follow me on Instagram than you have no idea what I am talking about. I made a dessert yesterday and used a secret ingredient. I made the hubby try the dessert before I told him what was in it. These were so good and I love that they contain 5 – YES FIVE – Cups of spinach in the recipe.
I finally feel a little better and am going to attempt lifting weights tonight. I already got my morning cardio in and it’s now time to create. But before I do here is the Peanut Butter Popeyes Recipe.
Peanut Butter “Popeyes”
- 5C spinach
- 1/2C coconut sugar
- 1/2C Stevia
- 2T Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/2C chocolate chips – melted
- 2t vanilla extract
- 1/2C cocoa powder
- 1/2C Whole Wheat Pastry flour
- 1/2t baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray 8×8 pan with nonstick spray.
- Take your spinach leaves and put them in the food processor with 1-2 tablespoons of water and pulse until it turns into a puree.
- Mix coconut oil, coconut sugar and stevia together in a bowl. Stir in melted chocolate chips, spinach puree and vanilla.
- In another bowl mix your flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together.
- A little at a time, add your dry flour mixture to your chocolate spinach mixture, stirring continuously until it’s all smooth.
- Pour batter in 8×8 pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until your toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool.
Peanut Butter Icing
- 1/4C Coconut Oil
- 1C peanut butter
- 2T Peanut Flour
- Mix all ingredients together – I used a mixer
- Once brownies are cool pour Icing over top
Let sit in fridge at least 1 hour (this is VERY important to let the icing firm up)