So I love starchy foods. Like pasta, rice, potatoes and what I love even more with it is CHEESE. So the other day I decided to make this little dish. I love it because my kid doesn’t “care for” cauliflower. And every times he eats something that I make with cauliflower and he likes it he says “what are you trying to do to me?” Haha
So I’m starting a 44 day challenge with myself today. Why? Well because I like to challenge myself and I like to reward myself if I meet those challenges. And no not with food with other things. Like this time if I meet my challenge I’m getting a set of Beats
Reason for 44 days? That’s because thats how many days before I leave to see my BFF. And I cannot wait. It’s not like I’m trying to “lose weight” Just take better care of myself and this body that I have been given. So here are my goals.
1) NO Alcohol – this is a real challenge as I do enjoy wine at the end of a long week
2) No added Sugar
3) HIIT – 2 days a week
4) Fasted Fat Burn – 3 days a week
5) Weight Training – 5 days a week
6) No Cheat Meals – Everything accounted for and macro friendly
7) Get my necessary serving of fruit and veggies in
8) Love my body throughout this entire process. Wether it’s bloated, skinny, weak, strong – It doesn’t matter. Love it and enjoy life.
Ok that’s not what this post was suppose to be about. Haha – I was going to share with you this lovely recipe. So here you go.
- 1 head of cauliflower chopped
- 4 C vegetable broth + 2 cups water
- ½ C Almond Milk
- 1½ C brown rice
- 1 t salt
- 2 T Butter
- 6-8 cloves minced garlic
- ½ C Parmesan cheese for topping
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Bring the vegetable broth and water to a boil in a large pot. Add the cauliflower and boil for about 10 minutes, until tender. Transfer cauliflower pieces to a blender or food processor.
- Puree the cauliflower, adding milk or extra vegetable broth to get a smooth, creamy consistency. Season with salt. Pour over the cooked rice and stir to combine.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter and add the garlic, sauteing over low heat until the garlic is very fragrant, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the creamy rice mixture and stir until butter and garlic is incorporated. Add cheese on top or stir it throughout the rice to get it melted.